Pages

23.8.09

The Pit


Standing in a bottomless pit
I lit a match
The sulfur turned it black
So I'm back
at square one
Standing in a bottomless pit
I am one
With darkness
knowing of thisDarkness lacking knowledge
Standing in a bottomless pit
No light feels quite sufficient
TwirlingWithout cognizant direction
Providing correction
Not even the brownness of my complexion
Gives me affection
Self-persecution found in confusion becomes amusing
Perusing past trails I get lost and fail to recognize
The pattern of Saturn when matter in of fact
I can't bring it back
Looking at the bottomless pit
Standing with a match I lit
The path suspended in animation
I ask those who wear the mask
how can I cast
A vote of hope to those who can't cope
Stranded
In a pit to grope
Fanatically scope without guidance
Nor rope to pull them under or out
The pit
The bottomless pit
Has a mouth
Swallowing us whole full of doubt
We shout
As if church was about
Sanctified service do I deserve this route
Standing in the bottomless pit
But how?
If it has no foundation
In the bottomless pit
HE SPARKS CREATION.

o.n.e.i.
copyright 2001

No comments: