Pages

30.12.09

Brotherly Love


I come from a place where some see the liberty bell
I face the living hell of digital scales
Hanging in the balance
Of silence no violence
Just-us-you-I and me
Who lurks upon these barren streets
trying to excrete the deepest part of my bowels
I hear the babies’ howl-
did I get here by foul ball or fowl play
Stuck in a three second day
24 minutes remain in the game
4th down and pain Staking
Walks stalks bean pies mixed with chalk against the dark
Moon lit double lines
I look to find a kind of
Peace
That would reach further than a brush
I stroke the pavement and make it my canvas
Yellow as the road in Kansas
Bizarre as it may seem I have subway dreams
Orange and blue I elevate to you my peers
I reside in the city of fear
It wants to tear away my hopes
Burn my vision
Transplant my goals with a deadly incision
Can you feel the tension inching closer around your neck?
Living in a land that has no respect
Crossing all boundaries
The enemy is surrounding me
Living in a hell cell of liberty bell
I weigh my soul on a digital scale lighter than a feather
I lived to tell the tale

o.n.e.i.
copyright 2001

No comments: