Pages

23.4.10

Tonight


I stand before you tonight with a free style
cause what I have to say
I thought was worth
they wild
my words
fit the profile
cause I just buried my child
So I stand before you left with a seven year old
and wife whose dom is split open pouring out sorrow that provides enough red ink that I had to think of a way to covey my purpose in this room
you come and play with the gift with big egos hats and plumes
while I write as to not be consumed by the casket and beautiful basket of flowers her classmates sent
I stand in this crowd just to prevent a subsequent death I possess the pebble that would shatter the windshield of the car wreck that wrecked her body and our world
I have still two baby girls
My wife and seven year old daughter not to mention grandma
I
Hate to waste your time but I took this open mic as my dime to reach out to you and transcend time if just for a nanosecond cause the minute I let go imma blow my fucking ...
I reckon I best keep coming back so I can nurse my wife to health she has lost so much she has lost touch of what it means to live she merely exist our little person is slowly grasping the concept of this carnage called life her sister is no longer here she said she don't want to ride her bike and when she gets older she just might be afraid of what she couldn't quite pin point but I am sure it is of what we all are fearful of
No control a fear of life a fear of the unknown a fear of being served with a curveball of life that would change your time zone
So I stand with this style so free to let my daughter's spirit inhabit me and roam
I speak her words right before she left home;

"Daddy, I trust you to carry my legacy on just as I have done for you. I have left you too soon I know this to be true. Yet I have carried you as far as I possible could. Now I must go forth but know I am never too far..."

I can't read the rest cause it gets stuck in my chest so I will just say love our children and be blessed.

1 comment:

Copter Richie said...

Hmm, I find this very interesting to say the least. Times and events such as this one is always very hard to deal with and to understand. We all have to deal with the lost as best we can but it is good to know that you are never really alone.